Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dust Bunnies????

They must be a few inches thick cuz this blog has been severely neglected!!  In an effort to to rekindle this thing and keep the family updated on a more consistent basis, I'm gonna try REAL hard to update regularly.

So....how the heck do I sum up what's been going on in our lives since January?!?!  Let's just say a LOT and leave it at that, k?  No really, a LOT...

We are loving living in The Woodlands so far!!  The kids are about to start their 4th week of school and are doing great :)  They switch classes here and that was something new for them, but so far so good!  The elementary school here only goes to 4th grade, so Sydni will go to the intermediate school next year.  Jeremy finished up his 2nd week of work here and likes it so far.  His office building is SUPER nice, they have a cafeteria, fitness center and plans for a daycare.  He hasn't had too much traffic as of yet, takes him about 20-30 min from our apartment.

I started working this past Thursday and let me tell ya, I was SO ready!  First, I don't do idle time very well.  Once the kids went back to school I found myself just sitting on the couch, talking to Frank and Lulu (can you say crazy cat/dog lady?!?).  Anyway, I have been to 7 interviews since we moved here a month ago.  Three of them were for one job (the one I got).  I told Jeremy that I was exhausted from the whole job searching process and was just tired of talking about myself.  I wanted to walk in and say, "here's my resume, let me know if you have any questions"....if I don't hear "so tell me about yourself and your work history" again for a long time, I will be a happy girl!!

I am training with the girl I am replacing until this next Thursday and so far I think I am gonna LOVE this job!  It's very similar to what I did at Coke.  My title is Regional HR Mgr and I support the South region.  The company (FleetPride) manufacture and distribute heavy duty truck and trailer parts.  The majority of the workforce are men.  So South region = good 'ol boy :)  I was listening in to some conference calls and was cracking up at the accents on some of these guys!!  Good thing they didn't give me the northwest or midwest region, huh??  Could you imagine the fun they would have had at my expense over my accent??  Seriously.

Many folks have asked us how apartment life is...well, it's apartment life!  So far it hasn't been bad, but it definitely isn't owning your own house!  Living here for a year will enable us to buy our forever home next summer, so it's a small sacrifice to make in our opinion!

What's up for next week?  Dylan is playing fall baseball and Jeremy is coaching.  He starts practice next week and has his first game on the 24th (I think?).  Sydni is starting gymnastics next week also, so the insanity begins again!  Wouldn't have it any other way!!

No pics for this post, but maybe later in the week I will have some updated ones!

**On a side note, as we celebrate the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, I have been answering a lot of questions from the kids about what happened and we have watched some specials on TV as well.  I told Sydni that she was almost done cooking in my belly when it happened and Dylan wasn't even thought of.  I'm sure to those that lost family members these past 10 years have been very difficult and our thoughts and prayers are with them!!

Til next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment