Friday, July 30, 2010

Ack, has it been a week??

I can't believe it's already Friday again!!  I've got LOTS to share and catch up on!  We took a mini-vacation last weekend and since we got back, it's just been blow and go!  We left on Sunday and went to the Dallas Aquarium.  We've never been before and have heard a lot about it, so it was the first stop.  I have lots of pictures that I will share in another post, but the kids LOVED it.  Kind of pricey, not something we would do every few months even, but definitely neat!  I guess I should back up and say that we met my mom and step-dad there as well.  After the aquarium, we checked into the hotel, met up with my step-brother and his family.  We let the kiddos swim for a bit, then got dressed for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.  My poor sheltered kids hadn't ever eaten there either, so lots of "first times" on this vacation!!  After dinner we headed to the Rangers game!  Love us some baseball in this house!!  We took the kids to a game a few months ago, so they were SUPER excited about going and we all had fun...despite it being HOT HOT HOT! 

We got up first thing Monday morning and headed to Six Flags!  The kids both got a free ticket through a reading program at school and had been bugging us all summer to go!  Sad thing is, Jeremy and I haven't been to Six Flags since 1997...that's THIRTEEN years folks!  We all had SO much fun!!  Both kids were tall enough to ride almost all the rides and Sydni even braved the "Titan" with Jeremy.  Dylan wasn't tall enough this year :(  All the kids (my 2 and my 2 nephews) did so good walking around!  We were there for 5 hours before a storm started rolling in and they shut down all the big rides due to lightning in the area.  It was REALLY hot while we were there and I will definitely rethink going in July next time! 

I will make a post tomorrow with the pics from our weekend!

Some funny phrases from Sydni....tonight we were cleaning out her closet and drawers gearing up for school clothes shopping and as she was trying stuff on, she was CRACKING me up with her comments!!

 - "I got some junk in my trunk just like you momma"...think she's overhead daddy say that a time or two! 
 - "I do NOT like that skirt, it makes my butt and thighs sweat"???  Where does she come up with this stuff??  I was rolling over that one!
 - "Give me that shoe, I know I can squeeze my foot in there, it's way too cute"  No lie, this came out of her mouth..she is SO my child!!

We are off in the morning to attempt to buy some school clothes!  This is the first year that I can't buy online because she has to try stuff on, so it should be interesting ;)

Fashion Friday will resume next week, I've been scoping out jewelry that I want to talk about!


0 comments:

Post a Comment