Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blogging from Oklahoma!

I almost struggled with where to start on this update! I haven't blogged since August... Not sure if I mentioned in previous blog posts, but we had our house on the market since Feb/March. At the end of Sept, we had a contract on the house AND Jeremy had a phone interview with Halliburton all on the same day! Talk about excitement!! That was on a Thursday. The following Friday he went to Duncan, Oklahoma for a face-to-face interview. By Monday morning, he already had an offer letter and we had less than 2 weeks before we closed on our house! We rented a storage building and moved pretty much our entire house into storage since we didn't have a place to live yet in OK and we weren't sure about logisitics, etc of when we would move.


We closed on our house on 10/15 and Jeremy started his new job on 11/8. Since we weren't able to find a place to live on our first trip to OK, our only other option was for Jeremy to stay in an RV park. We used my grandma's RV and he stayed there during the week and came home on the weekends. The kids and I stayed with my grandmother until this past week!

The month of November was HARD for us :( We have never been apart like that before and it was just hard all the way around. We were basically living out of a suitcase and the kids didn't have their stuff and space, etc. I'm thankful we didn't have to rent something for a month and could stay with family, but MAN, I don't ever want to have to do that again!!

We found a house to rent and moved in last Saturday! I'm SO excited that we are all together and we each have our own space!! There is a park RIGHT beside our house so the kids are loving playing there!

I know I've left a lot out of this update, but each day I'll work to post pics and give more info about the new town that we live in, etc.

The kids started their new school this past week and so far, it's been GREAT! They both came home the first day talking about the new friends they had made and just seem like they are transitioning so well. To be honest, I was worried. Worried that we had made the wrong decision to move, worried that we were scarring them for life by moving them. It's good to know that's not the case. I might have over-exaggerated on that...just a bit.

Jeremy is settling in well at his new job at Halliburton. His title is Senior Mechanical Designer and I'm SO dang proud of him :) I'm not working yet, but will be looking for a job once the kids go back to school in January.

I'm impressed with myself that in 1 week I've managed to un-pack the entire house and the garage is clean as well! The only left is the wall decor, but we are tackling that tomorrow! The house that we moved into, the owners are remodeling...some of the work still has to be done, so I will take pics of what is finished so I can share our new home with family/friends back home.

I've got several other blog post updates already typed up, so I'll be posting those in the next few days! May I never go another 4 months without an update...

til tomorrow.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment